We love our technology, but in some ways we are taking the old road.

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Campfire



Last night we made s'mores over a fire. The weather was perfect yesterday - heaven on earth. My husband and the kids got all kinds of work done while I was at work. We did a little more after supper. Then we decided to have some fun, since the kids had worked so hard and so willingly. So we made a fire in our backyard. Usually we wait until the sun goes down, but we decided not to this time. It is easier to see what you're doing with the food when it isn't dark!

I had finally gotten some Campfire marshmallows and Hershey bars, both of which I feel comfortable feeding to my peanut-allergic daughter. So we had a great treat. And we only got bit by mosquitoes a few times. Those have finally hatched since we had some rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment