We love our technology, but in some ways we are taking the old road.

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Clean Up

I just spent the evening cleaning out my vegetable garden. And I am so tired. But the weather is gorgeous, and I've recovered enough from a bout of a stomach virus to have some strength again. So I worked hard to get it done.

I didn't get everything cleaned out of it last fall. It was my... erosion control plan? Okay, it was no plan at all. It was just because I was trying to get too many things done in November while the weather was unseasonably warm. Then the bottom dropped out and it was suddenly winter. I never saw my pumpkin vines all winter, because we always had snow. But now it's time to get ready to plant.

My wee one helped me at first.



But it was many wheelbarrows-full, so she joined her sister to play in the dirt.



And she made a sign spelled out with tiny rocks.



I got it done, as done as I think I need to before it gets some kind of digger run through it.


Then I looked in the woods just a bit. Leaves on some of the bushes are just opening up. And something, I don't know what it is, looks like it's about to flower!

No comments:

Post a Comment