We love our technology, but in some ways we are taking the old road.

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Thing 32: Google Maps & Mashups

For Thing 32, I created the Google map below of South Dakota attractions.

I looked at some of the mashups suggested. The midpoint meeting mashup was neat.The library locator worked for me, as did the Starbucks finder. The UFO reports site was...interesting. There are people who actually go on that website and write about what they saw and where. The bathroom finder had recently had a crash that caused it to lose a lot of its data; that one could be useful from a Blackberry on the road. Mashups could be fantastic if they're very accurate and address a topic you're really looking for information on.

I'm not sure a maps mashup would be very useful in our library. We could set up something about important or useful places around our city, I suppose, as a community service.

No comments:

Post a Comment